Cheap Ski Insurance
Book cheap ski insurance - page down for price comparison tables telling you where to find quality ski insurance at the best prices.
Simply pick the type of cheap ski insurance you want and the length of stay you need, and we'll tell you who offers the cheapest rate. Then click on the name of the ski insurance company to check the price and book your holiday insurance.
But before you go, remember that ski insurance companies offer different levels of cover. We've tried to compare 'like with like' - which means, for example, that we're comparing the Essential Travel 'Standard' policy with the Direct Travel 'Standard' policy.
Also, as different policies have different terms and conditions, make sure you choose the cheap ski insurance policy that's right for you. Read the checklist below the table for a list of things to look out for. (All prices are correct at 31.07.08.)
Cheap ski insurance for one adult in Europe
Cheap ski insurance for one adult worldwide
Cheap ski insurance for a couple in Europe
Cheap ski insurance for a couple worldwide
Cheap ski insurance for a family (2+2) in Europe
Cheap ski insurance for a family (2+2) worldwide
Cheap Ski Insurance Checklist
- Only buy good quality ski insurance.
- Know what cover you want and check that the policy provides that cover. Some cheap ski insurance policies have non-standard exclusions - for example, some insurance policies exclude cover for glasses.
- As a minimum, make sure your cheap ski insurance policy provides for:
a. all medical bills
b. an air ambulance in case you need to be flown home
c. bringing your family home in the event of your illness or injury
d. all potentially hazardous sporting activities you may be planning
e. replacing and / or bringing your car home if you are taking it abroad
- If you plan to rely on free travel insurance cover provided as a benefit on your credit card, get a copy of the cover and read it carefully. For example, it may not cover your return journey, or may only cover you if the full amount of the holiday was paid via the card.
- Consider leaving valuables and jewellery at home. If you do take them make sure your cheap ski insurance policy is sufficient and that you abide by the policy terms (such as storing them in a safe).
- How often will you travel? As you can see from the tables above, if you plan to spend 15 days in the USA, and another 7 days in Europe, it is cheaper to buy an annual travel insurance policy.
- Some travel insurers exclude trips within the UK, or only include them if you are staying at a hotel or other paid accommodation. If you take regular trips in the UK and want to be covered for these, check the policy terms before you buy.
- If you are travelling within Western Europe, obtain a E111 from a Post Office, and take it with you. Not only does it give you access to free or reduced cost emergency medical treatment, many insurers insist that you carry one and / or waive their insurance excess if you have used it. But don't rely on it as a replacement for the medical section of your cheap ski insurance - it is only for emergencies, it won't get you flown home, it doesn't cover emergency dental treatment (unless it's life threatening) and some European countries do not accept it.
- Remember to declare all pre-existing medical conditions when you buy your cheap ski insurance. This will usually include asthmatic children, for example. This is one of the main reasons holiday insurance claims are refused.
- If you're travelling as a couple then consider buying a couples policy. Couples usually do better with a joint policy, but the policy may only cover you if you travel together.
- Check you're not paying for the same cover twice. Insurers will offer a discount of between 10 - 30% if your baggage is already covered on your home contents policy.
Part of the TMC price comparison network